FW: Interview questions

Subject: FW: Interview questions
From: Jeanie Fogwell <JFOGWELL -at- CJDS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 10:37:41 -0700

I used to work as a Colorado state employee. When I interviewed a
prospective candidate, there were very specific questions we could and could
not ask. On the 'could not' list was anything to do with any outside
interests. Not even 'do you have any outside interests?'. The only way
this could become part of the interview was if the applicant brought the
subject up or volunteered the information.

Even then, we were encouraged to bring the interview back to specific work
related issues and not respond too much to the volunteered information. The
HR intent was to be as objective as possible and demonstrate no biases
toward anything specific. It made for a stilted interview sometimes.

Just my $.02 worth. Jeanie