Re: Teach an old listmember a new trick-Customer Service documentatio n...

Subject: Re: Teach an old listmember a new trick-Customer Service documentatio n...
From: Kathy Das Gupta <kdasgupt -at- NOTES -dot- CC -dot- BELLCORE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 15:27:59 -0500

<snip>Any ideas on how to bombard
the team with my ideas and hypnotize them into agreeing- I mean, any ideas
on how to get my documentation point across and improving customer service
through the written word? </snip>

I am not clear on the context in which this information will be used.
But, maybe you want to present the idea of a FAQ. This format can
really increase customer satisfaction. Your representatives could fax
or e-mail it when necessary, or use it as their own cheat sheet. Your
major task is coming up with those Frequently Asked Questions, but it
is a great team exercise. I have found that it will not only increase
customer satisfaction, but it empowers the customer service reps to
really solve some of their day-tpday problems.

Perhaps an intranet website would be the right for you to make FAQ
and other info available to your reps, and they can then easily and
quickly access and disseminate the information as needed.

Kathy Das Gupta

Technical Writing Consultant

Currently Posted at Bellcore

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=