MS loses market share to publishers - why?

Subject: MS loses market share to publishers - why?
From: John Cornellier <cornelli -at- CLAMART -dot- SRPC -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 13:55:15 +0100

Further to my previous message (PDF vs paper), why does Microsoft not try to
take a bigger share of the tech doc market?

When Walt Disney built Disney Land in with no accommodation, he made the
Annaheim motel-owners rich. In Florida, Mr. Disney made sure to keep the
spin-off money for himself.

Why doesn't Bill Gates do the same and, more importantly, what other
parallels can we draw between Messrs. Gates & Disney?

John, again.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=