Re: MS loses market share to publishers - why?

Subject: Re: MS loses market share to publishers - why?
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- SOUNDY -dot- ML -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 05:28:59 -0800

On Wed, 16 Dec 1998 13:55:15 +0100, John Cornellier wrote:

>Why doesn't Bill Gates do the same and,

Maybe Microsoft doesn't consider the publishing market a big enough niche
just yet? Remember how they poo-pooed the Internet... until it almost
left them behind. Now that they've managed to blitz that market, expect
them to look for somewhere else to play catch-up.

>more importantly, what other parallels can we draw between
>Messrs. Gates & Disney?

The words "Mickey Mouse" come to mind in numerous different contexts...

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<All standard disclaimers apply>
"Reality is in alpha test on protoype hardware."

To seek the sacred river Alph
To walk the caves of ice
To break my fast on honeydew
And drink the milk of Paradise...