Re: We are Contractors: Resistance is futile

Subject: Re: We are Contractors: Resistance is futile
From: Bob Morrisette <writer1 -at- SABU -dot- ENG -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 14:24:58 -0800

John David Hickey <jdavid -at- FARABI -dot- COM>

deleted all but:

>As some of you may have noticed from a previous post, my contract with my
>current client is almost up, so I'm back out on the market for some new
>work.

>However, I'm running up against quite a bit of resistance against working
>with contractors.

>Maybe I'm going at this all wrong. Am I approaching the wrong people? Am I
>using the wrong medium? What I usually do is I find an ad for a technical
>writer in the paper and I email them a note and my cv.

Things might be different where you live, but when I was a contractor,
I always worked through agents - never answered a company ad.
Using good agents, I never had to worry about my next job, getting paid
on time, or being paid a fair rate.

Good luck!

Bob Morrisette
writer1 -at- sabu -dot- Eng -dot- Sun -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=