Training and documentation

Subject: Training and documentation
From: Sella Rush <sellar -at- APPTECHSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 13:34:50 -0800

I'm creating documentation and working with a trainer to develop training
materials. It seems to me that one of the most important aspects of
training is to prepare users for working on their own, and one of the best
ways is to familiarize them with the documentation available to them. If
you use the actual documentation (print and online help), doesn't that make
the users more comfortable with it and much more likely to use in the
future? (Assuming it's fairly good.)

What do professional trainers think? Is it true? Do you do this, and if
not, why not?

Sella Rush
mailto:sellar -at- apptechsys -dot- com
Applied Technical Systems (ATS)