looking for work (Vancouver area)

Subject: looking for work (Vancouver area)
From: Dianne Moscrip <dmoscrip -at- PACIFICCOAST -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 14:42:37 -0700

Hello out there:

My current contract has been completed and, so, I am now available for
work. I do quite a bit of contract work in the Vancouver, BC area.
Specifically, I would like an intermediate position in the areas of
technical writing, and / or graphic arts. If you know of an opportunity,
perhaps you could send the information my way. You can reach me at
dmoscrip -at- pacificcoast -dot- net Also, what is the web address for the STC
Vancouver chapter?

My short list of skills would include:

Employment Experience:
4+ years writing / designing policy and procedure manuals
1+ years designing catalogs
10+ years designing marketing material (proposals, newsletters, flyers,
and other promotional materials)
5+ years music (performing / teaching)

Tools:
MS Word (advanced features)
PageMaker 6.5
Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator / Publisher
RoboHelp / FrameMaker
and many more...

I'm a quick study, and have some experience as a business analyst, as well
as preparing cost/benefit analysis. I'm available on a short or long term
contract basis.

thanks,
Dianne

Meanwhile, if anyone out there knows about job opportunities for
an intermediate (or even junior) technical writer in the Vancouver
area (I'm willing to move back to Vancouver Island as well) please
let me know.

A short list of skills includes:

Employment history:
- 4+ years (almost 5) technical writing and web page development
- 1+ years marketing (proposals and RFPs, mainly)

Tools:
- RoboHelp and RoboHTML 6.0
- Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop
- Paint Shop Pro
- Front Page
- HotMetal
- and a million more...

Writing background:
- business plans
- proposals and RFPs
- newsletters
- web pages (including high-res graphics development)
- online help
- user guides and manuals
- advertisements for newspapers and magazines
- some journalism experience
- flyers and promotional materials
- etc...

Cheers (and I'm always cheery, don't worry!),

Rowena

Rowena Hart
Technical Writer
Intrinsyc Software, Inc.
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
http://www.intrinsyc.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

"You must do the thing you think you cannot do". Eleanor Roosevelt

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=