Re: Frame 4, MAC version

Subject: Re: Frame 4, MAC version
From: Greg Anderson <Greg -dot- Anderson -at- CENTRAL -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 15:02:57 -0600

Hello Jessica,

The current 'shipping' version of Adobe's Framemaker is v5.5.6 for their
Unix release.

There have been many changes to both the GUI front end and also the
Framemaker Interchange Format (MIF) which is their neutral ASCII
file used to go between various platforms and applications since Frame 4.X
was released.

My recommendation, for what it is worth, would be to get a copy of Frame 5.X
for Mac if at all possible.

Jessica Weissman posted:
|^|Somebody who was cleaning his office out just gave me a copy of FrameMaker 4
|^|for the Mac. I'd like to learn some Frame.
|^|
|^|Is this version close enough to current to be worth playing with for general
|^|techwriter knowledge purposes? I have an older Mac with plenty of memory I
|^|can put it on (and a newer one too, though I don't know whether it runs on
|^|PowerMacs or not).
|^|
|^|Thanks for any advice.
|^|
|^|Jessica Weissman

|| Greg 'Andy' Anderson | Sun Microsystems Broomfield, CO ||
|| Desktop Productivity Tools | Document Conversion Service ||
|| MS:UMBRM14-430 | email: greg -dot- anderson -at- Central -dot- Sun -dot- COM ||

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=