Re: FWD: Ethical Problem

Subject: Re: FWD: Ethical Problem
From: Barbara Karst-Sabin <barbara -at- QUOTE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 10:37:00 -0700

Cheers to you. I don't know if I'd have the nerve to take those steps
myself _today_, but I've done things like that in the past. The leader
(or lead) is supposed to look after his/her team, and you're obviously
willing to go toe to toe with management to do that.

I'd say your manager suffers from a severe case of incompetence and his
treatment of the two of you was your basic, knee-jerk, CYA manoeuver.
Too bad this manager wasn't leader material.

And if there's any justice in the world you won't have to polish up your
resume, your manager will.

BJ

Eric J. Ray wrote:

> Name withheld upon request. Please reply on list.

> SO, having had some time to further process this, I've decided that
> today I'm going back in to the boss...for a one-on-one. What I will say
> is to explain how his behavior has damaged the ego of our talented, but
> impressionable young team member, and that I EXPECT HIM TO MAKE AMENDS
> TO HER ASAP ( maybe a new letter and a heart-felt apology?).
>
> IF he refuses, I plan to take it to the Director.
>
> Should I start polishing up my resume?
>
> Please advise.
>
> name withheld by request.
>
> =