Re: An ugly job incident (long)

Subject: Re: An ugly job incident (long)
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 10:54:28 -0500

Barry Kieffer wrote:

> > Do you think I was wrong to throw away notes and old edited documents?
> >
> YES! Old notes and documents are the property of your employer. You created
> the notes on company time, doing company business. If you wanted a copy for
> yourself - well that is debatable. But deleting old documents from the
> server, and throwing away old documents, friend, you don't have a leg to
> stand on.

Huh? Do you actually file away every note and every original document
you've ever written as if you weren't competent enough to judge whether
or not you (or anybody else) would ever need it again? And if so, how
big is your office?

Tracy (who is now wondering if she should have two trash cans -- one for
work-related "potential trash" to leave on her boss's desk each night
for further review, and one for cough drop wrappers).
Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Curriculum & Instructional Materials Center
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=