Re: FWD: Ethical Problem

Subject: Re: FWD: Ethical Problem
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 09:47:33 -0500

But what about the checks? Did he tear them up too?

I doubt you could convince your boss that he was out of line, and I
think you're wise to "agree to disagree." However, you might still
convince him that an apology is in order. One possible direction to
take: Gee, you had some pretty harsh words for us yesterday, but it
looks like you realize now that the problem wasn't as serious as it
seemed to be at first (based on the fact that you got the copies of the
letters), and you and I have been around a while, and we know that
things like this happen, blah blah blah, but this young writer (and I
beg you to make this about her being inexperienced, not about her being
a woman), she doesn't have the experience we do, she was pretty upset by
the way you treated her, she's an excellent employee, and wouldn't it be
a pity to lose her right after the Director notices how much she's
contributed to our organization, doncha think it would be a good idea if
you apologized to her?

And then you should both start polishing your resumes, cause you work

Tracy
Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Curriculum & Instructional Materials Center
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=