Re: FWD: Blue chip, bored, and biding time

Subject: Re: FWD: Blue chip, bored, and biding time
From: Bruce Ashley <bashley -at- CREATEPRINT -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 12:22:23 +1000

This could be a simple case of a particular Manager's forward planning.

Often it is a sensible approach to organiz(s)e your 'tools' first.
Sometimes it can take months and months to employ a suitable TW so part of
any sensible planning approach would be to start this process a couple of
months before the need is actually there.

That you haven't been made a part of the bigger picture is a common
complaint amongst TWs.

Project Managers on the other hand have so many resources etc to consider
that they often overlook this and give out information on a need-to-know
basis. Right or wrong, this is what happens.

My advice to you right now is.. Enjoy it while it lasts, do as an earlier
poster suggested and learn as much as you can about TW and TW tools.

Later, you probably wont have time to scratch your backside.

And if it gets too boring or goes on for too long, do as one former Manager
suggested: look at your pay packet, see what is in the bottom right-hand
corner and then say to yourself "this will keep me going for
one-more-month".

Regards,

Bruce Ashley
OZ