Re: File sizes in different languages

Subject: Re: File sizes in different languages
From: Bruce Ashley <bashley -at- CREATEPRINT -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 09:20:41 +1000

I think you are right David.

I believe Word 6 stored the corrections in its 'header' formatting region
of memory (or something like that). This drove me crazy for quite a while
as my documents were disproportionally large. I eventually solved much of
the problem by turning AutoSave off but this didn't help the previous
documents.

When I upgraded to Word 8 and saved the previous documents, they reduced in
size by as much as 75% thereby solving the problem.

Regards,

Bruce Ashley
OZ

In the dim recesses of my memory, I remember that word has the
irritating habit of saving corrections inside the document file. Try
to "Save as" under a different name.
Another possibility is that the localizers may have optimized the
graphic files. So you might want to check the size of the source files.

---Jennifer O Neill <writer -at- ARITECH -dot- COM> wrote:

> Hi there, me again with my the problems of my differently sized
> Word files.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=