Re: preflight & fonts

Subject: Re: preflight & fonts
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 22:14:42 -0500

In our previous episode, D. Margulis said:
> MS Office is not designed to produce work for the press. Every time you
> open a Word file, it looks to see what your default printer is and
> reflows text to accommodate it--not something you want to happen when
> you send a Word file to a printer.

Uh, that's not just a Word problem. As I understand it, that's
inherent to any Windows program -- Frame or PageMaker included.
(Dunno about Quark, but I'd guess the same thing.)

I've had decent luck sending PostScript files based on Word to service
agencies (using their printer driver), but that was before Acrobat --
I'd agree that's a safer solution. But that's pretty much true for
any program.

Or am I missing what you're saying?

Beth Friedman And it's root, root, root for the Cubbies
bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com If they don't win...well, what else is new?
-- Steve Goodman

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=