Re: preflight & fonts

Subject: Re: preflight & fonts
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 11:48:36 -0500

In our previous episode, D. Margulis said:
> You're missing what I'm saying because I said it _very_ badly.
> Immediately after I sent my post I realized that I had used the
> unqualified word _printer_ to refer both to the networked laser printer
> and to the company that puts ink to paper. By the time I finished
> rereading my post, even I didn't know what I had meant.
>
> So let me try to clarify.
>
> In PageMaker,you can specify a "target printer," which should be the
> output device that the printing company uses. Page layout proceeds
> according to the specifications of that machine.

Ah. Now I see what you're talking about. Yes, it's rather annoying
to have to switch the default printer in Word to match the target
printer, especially when the target printer is one that you can't
actually print to.

I had so much difficulty with the target printer/default printer/PPD
situation in PM 6.0 that I still hold a mild grudge against it, but I
agree that that's the right way to handle the situation.

Beth Friedman And it's root, root, root for the Cubbies
bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com If they don't win...well, what else is new?
-- Steve Goodman

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=