Re: Frame to Word Conversion

Subject: Re: Frame to Word Conversion
From: Linda Hughes <lhughes -at- NOVAMETRIX -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 10:14:35 -0400

OK Techwhirlers:

I've been reading along quietly in the background for a month or so, and
finally have a question of my own.

Somebody _has_ to have tried this before. Hopefully there's an easy
solution out there.

I'm converting a number of Frame files to Word. The files were
originally done in Frame 5.0, but I'm opening them in 5.5 and using the
Save As... function to save them in Word 6.0/7.0. Simple, you would
think.

One file converted fine (a chapter with graphics), but every other
chapter delivers a "Cannot create a temporary MIF file" message. So far
I have tried:

1. Cleaning my C:drive. It's close to full, but 57 mg of free space
didn't seem to matter.
2. Switched to the D:drive, lots and lots of open space.
3. Saved the file in 5.5, reopened and attempted to convert to Word.
4. Reimported all referenced graphics (copied directly into document)
5. Removed the graphics completely.
6. Tried saving as an .mif file, then converting to a Word file.

No dice. I tried the Help files, but you can guess how much "Help" that
was. I could give the Marketing people .rtf files, but then they'd lose
the graphics. I'm stumped. Any suggestions?

TIA,

Linda Hughes
Tech Writer/Graphics
Novametrix Medical Systems