examples

Subject: examples
From: "Laurin A. Kinville" <lak -at- CGRAMS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 11:46:39 -0400

Lisa Comeau asked about the use of cute names, humor, or "real" people in
examples.

I use a consistent theme /company throughout examples (have done this for an
accounting software program and a satellite earthstation monitor and control
system), without any particular effort to be cute or funny. However, the
sample company should be one all can identify with - I refuse to use a
sample company that makes widgets! Use a person / company / theme we can
all identify with. It'll keep your trainees / readers interested, and you
won't have to do as much research to make the situations you discuss more
realistic.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=