examples -Reply

Subject: examples -Reply
From: Colleen Adams <colleen_adams -at- MEDISPAN -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 11:24:44 -0500

Just don't make the same mistake our Marketing Dept. made a few years
ago on a marketing piece that went to customers...

They used an example name of "Harry Johnson." And even worse, they
used our competitor's address. (And you think I'm kidding.)

>>> "Laurin A. Kinville" <lak -at- CGRAMS -dot- COM> 08/25/98 10:46am >>>
Lisa Comeau asked about the use of cute names, humor, or "real" people
in
examples.

I use a consistent theme /company throughout examples (have done this
for an
accounting software program and a satellite earthstation monitor and
control
system), without any particular effort to be cute or funny. However, the
sample company should be one all can identify with - I refuse to use a
sample company that makes widgets! Use a person / company / theme
we can
all identify with. It'll keep your trainees / readers interested, and you
won't have to do as much research to make the situations you discuss
more
realistic.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=
Send commands to listserv -at- listserv -dot- okstate -dot- edu (e.g., SIGNOFF
Find TECHWR-L-related books at
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/books.htm

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=