Re: Time Sheets

Subject: Re: Time Sheets
From: Toni Williams TPG/SG <towilliams -at- PROCYONGROUP -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 09:03:03 -0700

sheets on a
>> daily basis which tracks/measures the number of hours you
spend in a
>> particular activity in a day?
>>
>> I sincerly believe that since our job entails a lot of
creativity,
>> there's no way in which one can track/measure creativity. A
lot of
>> thought process goes into our job, so can one start jotting
down the
>> time spent on the thought process?

>D. Margulis wrote (in part):

>In my experience, despite general paranoia to the contrary,
companies
>are not interested in tracking your bathroom breaks and phone
calls as
>much as they are interested in having defensible recordkeeping
>procedures in place for cost accounting purposes.

>Ask your supervisor what level of detail is expected. Usually
you can
>get away with a best guess approach that adds up to the right
number of
>total hours at the end of the week and allocates your time
reasonably
>among projects. All the little boxes on the form are there to
help you
>keep track day by day, but the weekly totals are what go in the
books.

Actually, this is my experience as well. The company is not
acting out a "Big Brother"
scenario but merely trying to build an audit trail to justify
billing, etc. In fact, I have not
worked for a company that did not, in some manner, track
project-worked hours.

HTH.

Toni

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=