MKS

Subject: MKS
From: Toni Williams TPG/SG <towilliams -at- PROCYONGROUP -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 09:15:33 -0700

Hello all,
My company has begun to use the MKS application for source code
version control among other things. There is strong feeling that it
should be used for documentation as well. Has anyone out there used MKS
for documentation or used any other type of version control application?
I would appreciate hearing about your experiences, opinions, and advice.
Now, while the documentation for our major product (7 volumes)
has been produced using Frame, all other documentation will be produced
in Word (Word 97 on NT, to be exact). One of my concerns is maintaining
the integrity of the templates used to format the various types of Word
documents. Can a template be designated as "read-only" and still be
accessed by the document?
I have searched the archives but found the only discussions of
source control software to be very general; I would really appreciate
specific information. Thanks very much.

Toni Clark Williams
The Procyon Group
Documentation Department