Re: The job market in Raleigh-Durham, NC

Subject: Re: The job market in Raleigh-Durham, NC
From: Julia Schelly <julias -at- FPOINT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 15:50:30 -0400

<snip>
I recently relocated to the Raleigh-Durham area of North Carolina.....
Can anyone tell me more about the market for technical writers in this area? Can anyone recommend a specific recruiter?
<snip>
Go to the Carolina Chapter's job bank on the web. They list current job openings and they also have a list of agencies/companies in this area that hire tech writers.

http://stc.org/region2/ncc/www/cc_joblisting.html

I can't specifically recommend anyone in particular as I have a bias against contract houses. I feel they are only interested in placing a body in a position. They don't care if the person is qualified to do the job nor do they care whether the person will be happy doing the job. I speak from personal experience having worked in a contract house for two years.

The market for writers in this area is very good. As with any area, the number of jobs available at any one time varies.

Good luck in your search.

Julia Schelly
Technical Writer
FarPoint Technologies, Inc.