Re: RoboHelp: to upgrade, or stand pat?

Subject: Re: RoboHelp: to upgrade, or stand pat?
From: "Bergen, Jane" <janeb -at- ANSWERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 15:15:47 -0500

Janet, the autonumbering bug you mentioned is NOT a problem associated
with RoboHelp. It's actually a well-known and much-discussed Word 97
bug. We talk about it quite often on the Word-PC and WinHelp lists.
There are, in addition to Microsoft's web site, several other sites with
possible workarounds. I'm sorry I don't have those URL references handy,
but maybe someone else will send you some. I do know one, though:

http://www.knopf.com/tips/01-autonumbering/autonumbering.htm

I think even the Blue Sky site may have some references to this problem.
RoboHelp 6.0 is actually a very stable product, especially compared to
v. 5.0....for which they issued a patch almost immediately due to the
slew of complaints. *Most* all the problems are WORD problems, not
RoboHelp.

Hope this helps,

Jane
Jane Bergen, Technical Writer