Re: GUI guidelines...it's online, folks!

Subject: Re: GUI guidelines...it's online, folks!
From: "Bergen, Jane" <janeb -at- ANSWERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 10:17:00 -0500

A couple of messages have referred you to the "Windows Interface
Guidelines for Software Design" (Microsoft Press) and that IS one of the
definitive guides. But evidently not everyone knows that Microsoft has
the ENTIRE BOOK online. You can view it (chapter by chapter) at

http://www.microsoft.com/win32dev/uiguide/

It's a valuable reference. I bought the book just because having to get
to the web is sometimes a pain. I only wish they'd included an online
version (either htmlhelp, winhelp, or pdf) with the purchase of the
book.

Jane

Jane Bergen, Technical Writer
AnswerSoft, Inc.