Help! Need an ergonomic mouse

Subject: Help! Need an ergonomic mouse
From: Rowena Hart <rhart -at- INTRINSYC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 08:24:58 -0700

Hello TECHWR-L,

In the past, I've posted questions about ergonomics, repetitive
strain injury (RSI) and strengthening exercises for sore hands.
The real benefits to my working health have been enormous.

Recently I've experienced a lot of "mouse fatigue" in the form of
sore wrists and forearms, as well as numb fingers. I've been
doing a lot of editing (select-->click motions) and graphics
(select-->click-->drag motions) lately and I can feel the pain.

My employer is considering buying me an ergonomic mouse.
There are several to choose from, and I need feedback from
anyone who uses, or has evaluated, the following mice:

Goldtouch Mouse
http://www.goldtouch.com/home/index.html

Contour Mouse
http://www.contourdes.com/

Anir Mouse (looks like a joystick)
http://www.animax.no/

MicroPoint Mouse
http://www.altra.com/

If you know of a mouse that isn't listed, please tell me about it.
Thanks again for your help,

Rowena
rhart -at- intrinsyc -dot- com

Rowena Hart