RSI and ergonomic mice

Subject: RSI and ergonomic mice
From: Rowena Hart <rhart -at- INTRINSYC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 14:00:03 -0700

Last week I posted a (somewhat desperate) plea for advice about
getting an ergonomic mouse to relieve the "mousing strain" I was
feeling in my hand and wrist. I've received a lot of advice and
sympathy, which Deborah Ray has asked me to summarize for the

A quick update on the mousing situation:

One of the best pieces of advice I received was to go to a large
computer store and actually *test* some of the ergonomic mice,
trackballs and touch pads that are available on the market.

So, over the weekend I drove out to one of the biggest computer
stores in the Vancouver area, and spent about an hour practicing
with a variety of mice. I eventually purchased the Kensington
"Orbit" trackball mouse, mainly because the Orbit gives users the
several mouse configuration options. I was really interested in
automating repetitive click-and-drag actions.

Rowena Hart
Technical Writer
Intrinsyc Software, Inc.
Vancouver, B.C. Canada