Re: API documentation

Subject: Re: API documentation
From: Craig Sanders <csanders -at- ONLYXLNT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 08:56:24 -0700

Hi, Jennifer!

One of the very first things I would suggest you do is start encouraging the
developers to comment the daylights out of the code they write. If they are
using one of the newer development environments, such as Visual C++, you can
get access directly to the code via SourceSafe, and then read the comments
directly. I have found this to be very helpful in the past. Once you have
gotten the developers "comment trained," start encouraging them to write
examples for each method. This will make your job, and ultimately theirs as
well, much, much easier. The major selling point is that if they comment their
code and produce examples, the actual time they spend doing this will be
considerably less than the time they would have spend explaining it to you.

Hope this helps,
Craig Sanders

--

"We do not see things as they are...