Re: The Tools Tech Writers Use

Subject: Re: The Tools Tech Writers Use
From: Sybille Sterk <sybille -at- BOFFIN -dot- BEYOND2000 -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 1998 07:07:44 +0100

I am using MS Word, reason being that I create my help files from scratch
without a HAT and therefore it's easier to convert the files in Word from
.DOC files to .RTF files and then add all the footnotes and things.

Sometimes I would love to use a program which allows me to do more in the
layout department, but on the whole I have automated Word as much as
possible to allow me to do the things I need to do as easily and quickly as
possible.

Word wouldn't necessarily be my first choice - I used to use Ami Pro (no
Word Pro), which I think is much better... However, with the help files
etc. it's much easier to use Word, especially now when we are soon going
over to create HTML help.

We're only a couple of people producing all the documentation (~ 4 -5
manuals a year + help files) so it all needs to be reasonably simple and
quick.

The other advantage of Word is that it is not too complex to be used to
write a simple letter...

Sybille
Sybille Sterk
Technical Author and Translator (German)
Boffin Technology Ltd.

Email: Sybille -at- boffin -dot- beyond2000 -dot- co -dot- uk

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=