Re: Scanning Vector Images

Subject: Re: Scanning Vector Images
From: Lizak Kristin <LizakKristin -at- JDCORP -dot- DEERE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 10:58:30 -0500

Kathy - you can't scan an image and "keep" it a vector graphic. What you can
do is scan it in PhotoShop and save it as a bitmap. Then, take that scanned
bitmap image and import it into a program such of Steamline. Streamline will
"break the graphic apart". Then, take that image and import it into a
vector-based program such as Illustrator. In Illustrator, you can edit it
and fix any line breaks, coloring, etc. that is not correct. Save the image
as an EPS when done in Illustrator. The process is much easier than it
sounds!! Any more questions, feel free to contact me. Good luck.