Re: High-Tech's Hiring-Firing Paradox

Subject: Re: High-Tech's Hiring-Firing Paradox
From: Kevin Christy <kkchristy -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 23:22:07 -0700

On the subject of the increasing use of foreign technical talent and
the impact that will have on our careers, I see it as simply another
opportunity to provide value to those who need our services.

Tech writers with a proven ability to overcome the barriers of
culture, language and complexity to get the message to the intended
audience will only be more in demand.

This Wednesday I'm interviewing for a contract with a company that has
a lot of foreign-born Ph.D.'s with language and cultural challenges,
and they *really* need help. Since much of their revenue and growth
opportunites come from research grants, they absolutely require that
their grant proposals be well-written and attractively designed. For
them, good writing is a bottom-line issue.

Rest assured, the experience I've gained working in multicultural
environments with highly-educated foreign talent will be sure to find
its way to my resume.

Kevin