Re: TW and relocation

Subject: Re: TW and relocation
From: Kevin Harper <kharper -at- SMARTDNA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 09:53:56 -0500

There's a shortage of good, experienced writers in Austin, and at
least some of the big companies are willing to pay for relocation.
At my former company, they were bringing in candidates from the west
coast on a more and more frequent basis. They also recruited at the
STC conference.

Talent is stretched thin, because the big companies keep getting
bigger, west coast companies are expanding operations in Austin,
and there's always some new start-up waving stock options around.
The companies that can afford to import talent into Austin most
definitely will.

Kevin Harper
kharper -at- smartdna -dot- com