Re: Communication, brainstormers needed

Subject: Re: Communication, brainstormers needed
From: Kevin Christy <kkchristy -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 12:40:32 -0700

---"E,T, Hull" <ethull -at- WXS -dot- NL> wrote:

> My questions to those of you who are interested in brainstorming:
> *What other aspects of communication might be important to these
people?

You might restate how some people are visual, others are auditory,
others are tactile, etc. Different methods work better for different
people.

> *What practical communication tips would you give these people?

They must perfect "the story." Every idea should be able to be
recreated in its essence to a complete stranger with no background in
the field in no more than 3-4 sentences. If your audience says that
it can't be done because their product is much too complex for that,
then remind them of why professional communicators - such as yourself
- are in such demand. :)

> *What form would you give to such a presentation?

The one a medical device entrepreneur would want to hear.

> *What are effective ways to make such a presentation an example of
good
> communication? I don't want to just talk for 45 minutes but "spice"
it up a
> bit with demonstrations or exercises or something active.

Try concentrating the theme on how good communication makes them more
money. That'll keep their attention.

Good luck!

-Kevin