Communication, brainstormers needed

Subject: Communication, brainstormers needed
From: "E,T, Hull" <ethull -at- WXS -dot- NL>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 11:55:04 +0200

Situation sketch:
I have been asked to give a 45 minute presentation on "communication" to
beginning innovators and entrepreneurs in the medical device field. My
presentation will be part of a half day seminar which is to give these
people tips on how to market their ideas. Two other speakers will talk
about "the added value of your idea" and "product oriented development".
The seminar is in Holland and the participants will be Dutch.

My first thoughts:
*Communication of is one of the most important factors leading to success.
*Presenting an idea to potential investors, designers, manufacturers and
customers and users (not always the same) is one side of the coin while
listening to, and entering into dialogue with, others in the field to
improve and further develop the product is the other side.
*The Dutch medical device market is small and therefore innovators should
start thinking "international" and using English right from the beginning.

My questions to those of you who are interested in brainstorming:
*What other aspects of communication might be important to these people?
*What practical communication tips would you give these people?
*What form would you give to such a presentation?
*What are effective ways to make such a presentation an example of good
communication? I don't want to just talk for 45 minutes but "spice" it up a
bit with demonstrations or exercises or something active.

Thanks for your thoughts, I'm all ears.

Ed

Professional English
Vught, The Netherlands