TW Job posting in greater Baltimore

Subject: TW Job posting in greater Baltimore
From: Gina Gilson <gilson -at- WXS -dot- NL>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 14:07:30 +0100

Job Posting: Technical Writer
Date:
Thu, 9 Jul 1998 18:11:50 -0400
From:
"Botvin, Brook" <bbotvin -at- ADMIN1 -dot- UMARYLAND -dot- EDU>

Since the job I posted in these pages a couple of weeks ago did in fact
get awarded to a fellow TRDEV-L reader as a result, the process is
certainly worth another go:

There are actually two openings for technical writers on the same
project, one more senior than the other. Both require Expert level Word
97 and strong PageMaker skills, as well as good communication skills,
ability to work independently, ability to contribute to a project team,
etc. The more "junior" position requires a minimum of 3 years
experience, and pays $18 to $25 an hour. It is presumably only a
short-term assignment (about 3 months). The Senior Technical Writer job
is most likely for a longer term, requires at least 5 years of user
documentation experience, and pays up to $30 an hour. The primary
documents to be developed are entitled "Accounts Receivable Essentials"
and "Kronos Quick Start Guide" - to give you an idea of the type of
content. Working location is the greater Baltimore (Maryland) area.

As in the case of my last posting, I am not directly involved in the
hiring, nor do I work for the company involved here. However, I can
assure you that it is a major company in its field, with locations in 47
states. Please contact me if one of the positions I've described above
sounds like you, and you are available to start very soon. My contact
information follows. E-mailing me a resume with a cover memo is fine.
Good luck!

Brook Botvin, Training & Development Manager
University of Maryland, 601 West Lombard St, #430Q
Baltimore, MD 21201-1512
Phone: 410-706-2254; FAX: 410-706-1500
E-Mail: bbotvin -at- admin1 -dot- umaryland -dot- edu
<mailto:bbotvin -at- admin1 -dot- umaryland -dot- edu>