Conbsider Non-GUI browsers

Subject: Conbsider Non-GUI browsers
From: Katav <katav -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 04:45:52 -0700

I was just looking at Mary McWilliams Johnson's
<mary -at- SUPERCONNECT -dot- COM> page at
http://www.superconnect.com/writershelp/
when it occured to me that one thing overlooked by most (many) html
coders is the poor person who depends upon a Lynx (or similar) text
interface.

Since I have a Free Net account (Pine mail, Lynx, and severely limited
Net access), and since this Free Net allows access to several of my
'community' URLs, I make certain to have a 'text only' version. That
means easy-to-use links often in table of contents (TOC) format [I'm a
'by-the-numbers' kind'a guy, anyway].

Since these pages use frames (sparingly), since both Netscape and IE
browsers are free and support frames, about the only people lacking
frames support are those of us who use Lynx(-like browsers) ... which
means (having made a short story long) that I can put my 'no GUI' text
between <frame>...</frame>.

Something to consider ... and yes, Virginia, there ARE people out
there who - for one reason or another - lack a GUI browser or
supporting ISP connection. (My Free Net account is accessed via
Hyperterm and as $10 modem.)
==
Katav ( katav -at- yahoo -dot- com )
Who is wise? He who learns from every person;
Who is honored? He who honors others.
(Ben Zoma [Avot 4:1])