Re: Quick, Help

Subject: Re: Quick, Help
From: Sharon Key <sharon -at- DRA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 14:18:35 -0500

According to the Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical Publications:

Use *log on to* to refer to connecting to a network and *log off from* (or
simply log off) to refer to disconnecting from a network. Do not use log
in, login, log onto, lof off of, logout, sign off, or sign on. An exception
is when other terms are dictated by the interface.

Use logon only as an adjective, as in *logon password*, not as a noun.