Re: FW: fostering plagiarism

Subject: Re: FW: fostering plagiarism
From: Brenda Ruetschi <Bruetschi -at- ALPHA88 -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 09:51:32 -0400

I learned HTML by going to various websites, looking at the code to see "how
they did that" and copying to a machine where I could play with it and see
the results. Most of the people I know who learned HTML when your HTML
editor options were notepad, emacs, and SimpleText did the same thing. I
agree with Tracy - copying the code may be lazy, but I doubt it is illegal.

The code isn't all that creative, the layout might be. However, as far as I
know, there's nothing to keep me from copying your layout directly to my
page and throwing my own text between the tags.

Brenda Ruetschi
Technical Communications
Alpha Technologies, Inc.
Ext. 746