Section numbering problem with Word 97...

Subject: Section numbering problem with Word 97...
From: Dan Schmitz <djs -at- GENE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 14:03:00 -0700

Hi, all.

I'm having a particularly vexing problem with section numbers in the
footers of my Word 97 documents. I am developing test procedures with
integral test forms, the two parts separated by a section break.

It seems that when I insert the "Page Number" and "Section Pages" field
into my footers, the page numbering prints out correctly, but the section
pages, which should be the total number of pages in the current section,
does not. Instead, it prints out what seems to be the page number. So, I
end up with:

Page 1 of 1
Page 2 of 2
Page 3 of 3...

This happens to both sections.

Everything looks fine on screen, and in print preview. It's only when
actually printing the document that the section numbering goes awry. I have
toggled the "Update Field" option on and off when printing, with no effect.

Could this be related to my print driver? I am printing to an HP 4si, but
I'm not sure if my driver is the latest available.

Thanks in advance!!!

Stats:
Word8/Office 97
Windows NT