FW: Copyright and legal liability

Subject: FW: Copyright and legal liability
From: "Daniel G. Dresner" <daniel -dot- dresner -at- NCC -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 09:29:16 +0000

> Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 17:08:02 -0700
> From: Rahel Bailie <rbailie -at- CASTLETON -dot- COM>
> Subject: FW: Copyright and legal liability
>
> Some techwhirlers have asked me to summarize the replies to the email
> below, but as no one provided me with feedback, there is no summary.

I think that this area must be restricted to genuine legal advice.
Comparing similar product documentation may miss a crucial detail.
One key is the documented permission of the other software owners,
and your relevant licence agreement(s) with them.

On a similar track, if the other 'included' software is crucial to
your product, have you arranged for its owner to place it in escrow
with a reliable agent?

Regards

Danny Dresner
NCC Quality Manager
The National Computing Centre Ltd.
Oxford House, Oxford Road
Manchester M1 7ED, UK
daniel -dot- dresner -at- ncc -dot- co -dot- uk
Tel: +44 (0)161 228 6333
Direct Line: +44 (0)161 242 2352
Fax: +44 (0)161 242 2171
Please visit us at the IT Zone - http://www.ncc.co.uk/
ISO 9001/TickIT Certificate: 928858A

"Logic . . . merely allows one to be wrong with authority!"