Another pespective on low wages

Subject: Another pespective on low wages
From: Debbie Stewart <Debbie_Stewart -at- SIECOR -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 13:44:42 -0400

Read and Weep -
I'd put in my two cents, but I can't afford to :-D

Actually, due to family commitments, I live in an area that has very few
opportunities for TWs. The jobs that do exist pay low wages, primarily,
because this is a manufacturing and agricultural area. I make around 30K
a year, which I am sure will make some of you cringe. There is not much
room to make much more that this, either. Also, I live about 1-2 hours
from all the urban areas (commuting isn't a real option) that do hire a
lot of TWs for great wages, like the Research Triangle Area, NC
(Winston-Salem/Raleigh/Greensboro) and Charlotte, NC. Oh Well :-)

Debbie Stewart
Lone Tech Writer
Hickory NC

Standard disclaimers go here. . . . . .