Re: TW and relocation for contract writers

Subject: Re: TW and relocation for contract writers
From: John David Hickey <jdavid -at- FARABI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 13:06:29 -0400

Greetings!

> I consider relocation $$ (along with per diem when appropriate) a
> standard part of the compensation package. It's one of the many rulers
> I use to measure a company's desire to hire the best possible staff. I
> don't want to work for a place that is either too cheap or too poor to
> bring in talent.

Should contract writers expect any compensation if they are forced to
relocate (either permanently or temporarily)? I'm thinking about relocating
to the States next year (as a resident) to find some contract tech writing
work. Should relocation money be part of my negotiation? How do you couch
such a request?

Be seeing you,

Dave
---
John David Hickey -- Lone Tech Writer -- jdavid -at- farabi -dot- com
Web Resume: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Hills/7829/
Montreal, Quebec, Canada

No trees weres harmed in writing this email.
My messages are made from elephant tusks and dolphin meat.

Don't confuse my opinions with my employer's opinions.
Each exists in blissful ignorance of the other.