Popscicle:last word='174'

Subject: Popscicle:last word='174'
From: Katav <katav -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 04:42:19 -0700

Geoff wrote that the frozen delight is known in the UK as 'ice
lollipops' - which brings me to my point -- the 'last words' for
Popscicle in the Colonies is
'Registered Trademark of <whatever company now makes them> -- so, the
last /character/ ought'a be ANSI 174
(&#174; in html; [alt]#pad 174 for one/some word processors). Which
may be the reason the generic term was sought in the first place.
(Write 'popscicle,' 'scotch tape,' or 'coke' and, if the publication
has any circulation of note, you'll soon have a nastygram from the
related company's legal department.)

==
Katav ( katav -at- yahoo -dot- com )
Who is wise? He who learns from every person;
Who is honored? He who honors others.
(Ben Zoma [Avot 4:1])