Re: Life Threatening Situation!

Subject: Re: Life Threatening Situation!
From: Katav <katav -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 04:58:55 -0700

You have been 'featured.' (Actually it is a very handy Word feature.)
To eliminate the problem:
1. Put cursor/pointer in the WORD with the typo
2. Select FORMAT:STYLE
(Having the cursor in the word (Step 1) assures
that the applied STYLE is auto-selected by Word.)
3. Click [Modify] button
4. Click [Format] button
5. Select LANGUAGE ...
6. (Assumes you use US English)
Key F
FINNISH is highlighted
7. Select ENGLISH (UNITED STATES)
8. Click [OK} button.
9. (On MODIFY STYLE window) Check AUTOMATICALLY UPDATE box
10. Click [OK] button
11. Click [Apply] button

Microsoft, in its wisdom -- yes, I AM serious -- provided a means to
have spell check IGNORE paragraph and character STYLES /we/ want to
have spell check skip ... such as URLs (http://www.-----), paths
(titan/develop/my.file.is.here), and other oddities.

Somewhere along the line someone [apparently] created a style (wisely)
based on (no style) and failed to include FORMAT:LANGIAGE ... when
attributes were set.

This /should/ solve your problem. (If not, we will try again.)

---John Hughes <david -at- NYNEXBK -dot- CO -dot- TH> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have a situation which is potentially life threatening! Having
typed
> an extremely important 30 page document on Word the following message
> came up after spell checking:
>
> Spell check complete
> Text with (no formatting) skipped.
>
> On closer inspection I could see that some typos and spelling mistakes
> hadn't been corrected. I don't rate my editing skills against Word's
> ability, so as you can imagine, I'd like to get the spell checker
> working properly again. I wonder if anyone out there has a
solution? I
> am using Word 7.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> John Hughes

==
Katav ( katav -at- yahoo -dot- com )
Who is wise? He who learns from every person;
Who is honored? He who honors others.
(Ben Zoma [Avot 4:1])