Re: MS Word - management information

Subject: Re: MS Word - management information
From: Hilary Phillips <hilary -at- CYGNUSPR -dot- DEMON -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 12:17:08 +-100

This is interesting. Yes, please send a template. I also use a template with a macro which opens an initial dialogue to insert author, document name etc and then places these in headers, footers etc., but at the time of creating this I had not thought of - or tried - to link this in with the custom properties facilities - this is a good idea. I still need to solve the problem, 'tho, of how to then use that info in the doc management setting across a set of files.

It presumably becomes a database/programming type of problem at that point. I am hoping someone might have tried and done it already, I very much like the idea that there is one place to keep information such as the author, issued date, description, key words etc and that the information can then be successfully re-used.

Hilary