Re: Bulleted text

Subject: Re: Bulleted text
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 11:34:37 -0500

> Does anybody have any thoughts on whether bulleted text should be "embedded"
> into a paragraph (indented by .25 or something) or aligned with the
> paragraph in which it is contained?And please refrain from citing
> Microsoft's Manual of Style. I want your OWN opinions on this, as technical
> writers. What do YOU think looks better?

Someone wants my opinion! Happy happy joy joy. :-) As a tech writer AND
as a reader, I don't like the embedded bullet. I think it should be
aligned with the paragraph above. Bulleting *and* the extra indent is
redundant, and IMO makes the page look less organized. To me, it's the
equivalent of using bold, all caps, and underline on the same word. :-P

Tracy

Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, OK, USA
http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/home.htm