Re: Humor 'n' more

Subject: Re: Humor 'n' more
From: Max Wyss <prodok -at- PRODOK -dot- CH>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 23:26:58 +0200

Bill,

Humor is indeed extremely difficult to translate. However, banning humor
from a documentation just because it will be translated is rather dumb.

BUT, you will have to get a good translator, and you will have to accept
that this translator will essentially rewrite your documentation ... with
the humor and cultural references for the target culture.

Max Wyss
PRODOK Engineering AG
Technical documentation and translations, Electronic Publishing
CH-8906 Bonstetten, Switzerland

Fax: +41 1 700 20 37
e-mail: mailto:prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch or 100012 -dot- 44 -at- compuserve -dot- com

Bridging the Knowledge Gap ...

... with Acrobat Forms ... now for belt drive designers at

http://www.prodok.ch/prodok/riemen.html