Re: Humor as a communication technique

Subject: Re: Humor as a communication technique
From: Debbie Stewart <Debbie_Stewart -at- SIECOR -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 14:56:36 -0400

BAH HUMBUG TO YOU ALL! Where are all the grumps today??

Actually, I too tried to stay out of this one and I ditto John Posada's
message.

I do not find lightning very humorous, either! I lived in Colorado for 22
years

(and still can't figure out why I left) where there is one of the highest
lighting-strike counts in the country.

Lightning is not taken lightly !!! :-)

I don't even find the ". . . Dummies" books *very* funny, either. If I want
funny-humor I like to watch Tim Allen (yep, the same) or read Dave
Barry; if I want something irreverant , I'll watch Dave Letterman; if
I want something I think is NOT FUNNY, I'll watch the Three Stooges.
I love great (subjective) humor but can't stand slapstick or British
humor (no offense). I think most humor these days in the USofA is
irreverant, disrespectful, and borderline rude, but is not
funny-humorous. Being that there are many forms of humor - something
dark, sick, silly, or ridiculous may be amusing to one person but not
to another, even within one culture.

I like to keep humor and tech writing seperate, thank you.

Debbie Stewart
Lone Tech Writer
Siecor Operations, LLC
Hickory NC
704-327-5143
debbie -dot- stewart -at- siecor -dot- com

Standard disclaimers go here. . . . . .