Re: Right-handedness

Subject: Re: Right-handedness
From: Debbie Stewart <Debbie_Stewart -at- SIECOR -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 15:03:49 -0400

If a manual is written for the user, a human, I automatically *assume* that
the writer means the user's right and not the computer's. i.e. "In
the right pane, enter xxxxx." The writer is telling me, the user, to
enter something in the right pane from my prespective. Would this be
a case where writers could or would make an assumption such as that?
Would you clarify that somewhere, like in the conventions used
section?

But, there are somethings in life that we automatically assume. I assume
the sun will come up everyday too.

Debbie Stewart
Lone Tech Writer
Siecor Operations, LLC
Hickory NC
704-327-5143
debbie -dot- stewart -at- siecor -dot- com

Standard disclaimers go here. . . . . .