Re: Convincing a Client He Needs a User Manual

Subject: Re: Convincing a Client He Needs a User Manual
From: Sella Rush <sellar -at- APPTECHSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 11:44:28 -0700

To add to Suzette's very good comments--

I'm not sure what the actual situation is, but try to get the client to
think beyond the present. If current staff are being trained, great, but
what happens when new staff come in? Will there be anyone to train *them*?
And what will be the quality of that training--will the original trained
staff pass on misconceptions to the new staff?

I think Suzette's comments about "forgotten features" and the cost of buying
new software that wasn't really needed is one of the most compelling I've
heard.

Sella Rush
mailto:sellar -at- apptechsys -dot- com
Applied Technical Systems (ATS)