Re: TechWrite Organization Names

Subject: Re: TechWrite Organization Names
From: Smokey Lynne L Bare <slbare -at- JUNO -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 10:59:30 -0400

Good comments, but there is no ISO certification in North America. I
believe you are referring to Registration. Most corporations aim for
internal (audit) compliancy, then apply for external auditing to procure
the Registration status. I believe now with the ISO 9003 series (for
services aspect of a company, such as documentation/IT groups) has found
a common ground with the QA departments. We are now seeing these two
groups merge in some companies, as there is a 'cross-impact' aspect
involved in the documentation QA checklist of product lines.

SLBare, C.T.C.