Re: ISO 9001 - Document control/compliance

Subject: Re: ISO 9001 - Document control/compliance
From: Smokey Lynne L Bare <slbare -at- JUNO -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 11:00:33 -0400

Yes, in England and parts of Europe (as my British co-workers many times
asked me to pass it on) it is referred to as: cer-tif-i-cated (for our
pronunciation), not certified. But in North America, we are compliant or
Registered. This is where some of the confusion may come on ISO's
introduction to new companies. But since most of the product is
developed and lives in the States, it is here on our side we need to be
accurate, as my executive management has informed me numerous times.

Smokey